Unlocking Continuous Testing: The Four Best Practices Necessary for Success.
- Organizations have shifted en masse toward new agile development methodologies, believing that doing so would lead to faster release cycles, better product quality and happier customers.
- However problems are afoot: According to Forrester, the percentage of organizations releasing software on an at least monthly basis declined from 36 percent in 2017 to 27 percent in 2018.
- Testing can be one of the single biggest roadblocks standing between organizations and their agile objectives.
- While the majority of organizations have enthusiastically embraced agile planning and development, most still find themselves unable to effectively implement continuous testing throughout the software development lifecycle.
- There are four best practices to help overcome this: focus on test quality, keep your tests short and atomic, test across multiple platforms, and leverage parallelization